Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Rob Gronkowski to join FOX Sports as NFL analyst

Rob Gronkowski Visits “FOX & Friends” Photo by Noam Galai/Getty Images

Rob Gronkowski is returning to football—sort of.

The retired tight end is joining FOX Sports as an NFL analyst, it was announced Tuesday. Gronkowski will make his debut in Thursday alongside Terry Bradshaw, Michael Strahan, Tony Gonzalez, and Peter Schrager leading up to the Patriots-Giants game.

A five-time Pro Bowler and three-time Super Bowl champion, Gronkowski recorded 521 career receptions, 7,861 receiving yards, 79 receiving touchdowns, the most 1,000-yard seasons by a tight end (four) and the most postseason receiving touchdowns (12) as a member of the Patriots. His 79 career touchdown catches rank him third all-time among tight ends.

In addition to his new role with FOX Sports, Gronkowski is an advocate for CBD products as a form of pain management. He retired after the 2018 season, saying he was “not in a good place” after suffering multiple injuries during his football career.

“Football was bringing me down, and I didn’t like it,” he said. “I was losing that joy in life... I could play right now if I wanted to play. I’m feeling good. Physically, I could do it. Mentally-wise, desire-wise, it’s not there... I am very satisfied with where I am in life right now. I truly believe going through those tough times, nine years, off the field, on the field, has brought me to this point. I believe I’m on the right path in my life.”

Prior to the NFL, Gronkowski played 22 games with the Arizona Wildcats, catching 75 passes for 1,197 yards and 16 touchdowns.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/338dRt0
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home