Monday, October 1, 2018

Midseason Q&A with WR commit Jalen Johnson

Arizona WR commit Jalen Johnson, with his parents, on his official visit to Tucson | Sep 1st

Read what the explosive deep threat had to say

The Arizona Wildcats of both the present and future have been showing what they can do week in and week out for the past month.

Jalen Johnson, 3-star wide receiver commit in the 2019 recruiting class, is one of those future ‘Cats showing his improved skills during his senior season. So far he has 347 yards on 16 catches with three touchdowns and has been a big part in Eastvale (Calif.) Eleanor Roosevelt High School winning three of its five games played.

He didn’t, however, play in the Mustangs’ latest game against Rancho Mirage due to being banged up.

In the meantime, I caught up with the speedy receiver to talk about his season and his commitment to the Wildcats.

How do you feel the season is going for you and the rest of the Mustang squad?

“I feel like we’ve had a pretty decent season so far. We’ve been trying to figure a lot out as a team, but I think even after our loss (to Servite High School), that it was a turning point for our season.”

How would you describe your performance so far this season? What have you improved on and where do you feel like you can improve?

“I think I’m having a pretty successful season so far. I have greatly improved my ball tracking and aggression, attacking the ball. But I think I still need to improve my blocking skills.”

How was your official visit to UA on Sept. 1?

“It was great! I had a lot of fun and the campus, stadium and city were really nice. It’s going to be a great place to be for the next few years.”

What part of the visit would you say stood out the most to you?

“I think what stood out the most to me was the campus tour. I got to see a lot of the school that I’ll be staying for the next 4-5 years. It was really beautiful.”

Johnson has a great relationship with most of the staff, mainly assistant coaches Demetrice Martin and Taylor Mazzone.

One player that he has been working hard on to join him in Tucson is Jaxen Turner, a 3-star safety from Moreno Valley, Calif. It appears they spent a lot of time together on their official visit to Arizona last month.

On the field, Johnson has exploded on the scene and is arguably the number one target for his quarterbacks. He has shown great hands and has the speed to get behind the defense.

See his midseason highlights below.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2y3ao0T
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home