Saturday, July 28, 2018

3-star safety Eddie Siaumau commits to Arizona

The American Samoan becomes UA’s ninth commit

Three-star safety Eddie Siaumau has committed to the Arizona Wildcats, he announced Saturday.

Siaumau is the No. 1,512 player in the 2019 class, per 247Sports composite rankings. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound safety hails from Pago Pago, American Samoa.

Siamau was primarily recruited by UA defensive coordinator Marcel Yates, defensive line coach Iona Uiagalelei, and graduate assistant Davy Gnodle.

“They said I’m a hybrid safety and I’ll become a linebacker,” Siaumau said.

Siaumau visited the UA in May. Arizona was his only major-conference offer.

“I didn’t care how nice the facilities and everything were but what really got me were the coaches,” he said of his trip to Tucson.

“I sat down with Coach (Marcel) Yates and we just had a real talk. He was saying how he could be so nice to me right now, but when it’s game time, he’s going to be on my ass,” he laughed. “That’s the kind of coach I like. I told him I want to be in a place that I know they got me no matter what happens.”

Siamau is Arizona’s ninth commitment, but the first Kevin Sumlin has landed from American Samoa.

“I think I’ll do whatever I can to continue to work hard and represent my people,” he said when asked about the opportunity to help re-establish the Polynesian Pipeline in Tucson. “I’ll continue to do my job as an athlete, especially a kid coming straight from the islands.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2AjhNgV
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home