Monday, April 30, 2018

Jason Terry intends to return for 20th NBA season, hopes to remain with Milwaukee Bucks

Only seven players have spent two decades in the league

Only seven players have spent 20 or more seasons in the NBA. Jason Terry wants to become the eighth.

The 40-year-old told reporters Sunday at his Milwaukee Bucks exit interview that he intends to play in 2018-19, and ideally would like to return to the Bucks.

“I want to play another year,” Terry said. “I can honestly stand here before you and tell you all my efforts will be to come back with this organization.”

The former Arizona Wildcat appeared in 51 games for the Bucks this season, averaging a career-low 3.3 points per game in a career-low 16.0 minutes per game.

Milwaukee went 44-38, capturing the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference. The Bucks fell to the Celtics in seven games in the first round of the playoffs, but their win total was their best since 2009-10.

They boast one of the league’s best players in Giannis Antetokounmpo. Terry brought a veteran presence to Milwaukee, which has a starting five that consists of players 28 years old or younger

”Obviously, I know my impact,” Terry said. “I’ve been here two years now. I want to see the finished product. Because I know the potential. I know where this organization is headed. And this year was another step, though we didn’t get the result we wanted. It was another step in the right direction.

”I know management, I’ve already had my discussions with them and we will continue to talk throughout the summer. But my intentions are to come back here and finish it out here. I’m not saying it will be my final season. But I want to do 20 and then re-evaluate.”

The only other players to spend 20 seasons or more in the NBA are Dirk Nowitzki, Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Willis, Robert Parish, and Kareem Abdul-Jabaar.

That would be some elite company if Terry can convince a team to bring him on board for another year.

Lute Olson, his coach at Arizona, joked a couple weeks ago that Terry needs to play another season so he can financially support his five daughters, but he’d probably be OK.

Terry has made roughly $107 million during his NBA career, per Spotrac.com.


Follow Ryan Kelapire on Twitter at @RKelapire



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2I3eVYo
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home