Friday, March 2, 2018

Brandon Williams decommits from Arizona, will still consider Wildcats

The four-star point guard has reopened his recruitment

And then there were none.

Four-star point guard Brandon Williams has decommitted from the Arizona Wildcats, he announced Friday on Twitter.

Arizona no longer has any 2018 signees, though Williams did say the Wildcats are still an option as he reopens his recruitment.

“To the Arizona Wildcat basketball family. These past few days have obviously been difficult for me. I have had to take a step back and reevaluate my commitment,” he wrote. “Playing for the University of Arizona has always been a childhood dream of mine. With the current climate surrounding the U of A and by signing financial aid papers, I have the opportunity to explore other options. At this time, my family and I have decided to reopen my recruitment.

“I want to thank Coach Sean Miller and his entire basketball staff for believing in me and offering me the opportunity. I am NOT closing the door on Wildcat basketball, and I wish nothing but the best for Coach Miller and the Arizona basketball program moving forward.”

A 6-foot-1 point guard from Crespi High School in Encino, California, Williams is the No. 31 player in his class, per 247Sports.

Shareef O’Neal decommited from Arizona last Saturday after an ESPN report alleged Sean Miller discussed a $100,000 payment to secure the signing of Deandre Ayton.

Miller has strongly denied that report and returned to coaching the team Thursday, but the program’s instability evidently is not appealing to prospective recruits.


Follow Ryan Kelapire on Twitter at @RKelapire



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2GYLylS
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home