Sunday, June 25, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: Wildcats coaching staff made decision easy for Florida-based Armani Adams

Jahmile Addae’s relationship with Adams was key

The Arizona Wildcats landed their first commitment from Florida about a week ago. Armani Adams, 3-star safety from Lakewood High School (St. Petersburg, FL), had a great relationship with his future position coach and that is a huge reason he decided to commit.

“The coach that was recruiting me (Jahmile Addae), he’s my position coach as well,” Adams said. “That was big because I will be playing for him.”

“He really liked me and we started talking everyday,” Adams continued. “Not just about football but other things that are going on.”

In the Rich Rodriguez era, the Wildcats have made it a point to make headway in Florida. Addae, who is from the Tampa area, has been spearheading the effort in the Sunshine State.

“He’s from the same area where I’m from so there is a connection there,” Adams said of his future position coach.

Adams likes that Arizona is looking to bring him in at safety instead of cornerback. But the relationship with the staff and position aren’t the only things that Adams likes about the Wildcats.

“I will like Arizona because I’ll be moving out of state and I want to go to college out of the state,” the future Wildcat explained. “I won’t get distracted easily like if I were to go to a school in-state where I know a lot of people. So I’m looking forward to meeting new people and doing new things.”

“Also Coach Rodriguez has a great history of winning so he knows how to win,” Adams said about the UA’s head coach. “I feel he’s someone I’d like to play for in the near future.”

Adams committed to the ‘Cats sight unseen. But he is looking to take a visit this upcoming month and is ready to see Tucson.

“I’m taking a visit sometime around July 21st,” Adams explained. “I’m just excited to see the school and the surroundings. I’ve never been out west so it’ll be a fun experience to get to see new things. I also want to see the facilities just as much as the school.”

Academically, Adams has a few things he is looking at as a major. A recent class addition, sport analytics, will help Adams during his pursuit of his degree.

“I would like to be a sports trainer, sports agent, or sports attorney. Something to do with sports.”

In ten games as a high school junior, Adams picked up 76 total tackles, 14 for loss. He also had three sacks, three interceptions, and five pass deflections.

You can check out some of his highlights from last season here.




from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2s6ocrr
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home