Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star safety D’Angelo McKenzie has great communication with the Wildcats’ staff

The San Jose defensive back really admires the Arizona coaching staff

The Spring Evaluation period signals an increase in the tempo of recruiting around the country.

One offer that the Arizona Wildcats sent out recently was to D’Angelo McKenzie.

The 6-foot, 180 pound 3-star safety out of Christian Valley High School (San Jose, CA) has had a busy recruitment so far, boasting double digit offers.

“I have ten offers,” McKenzie explained. “All offers stand out to me. Being able to play at a high level of football is just an amazing opportunity. I could see myself playing anywhere I get an opportunity to start and play.”

In the coming months, McKenzie has a busy schedule ahead of him. So far he has taken two unofficial visits and has many more that he is looking to take.

“I have visited UCLA and USC,” McKenzie said. “I plant to visit Notre Dame, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, California, Stanford, Colorado, and more schools in time.”

When it comes to Arizona’s role in McKenzie’s recruitment, a Wildcat offer came his way about a week ago.

“I sent my tape and info to Coach Chris Singletary. They said they would evaluate me and watch my film. After that, no response,” McKenzie explained. “But I just kept bugging the coach asking him ‘Did you guys evaluate me?’ Later on that week I end up calling the coach and receiving an offer.”

After the offer came in, McKenzie and the staff have stayed in contact and now he is planning to visit Tucson soon. He also has quite a bit of interest in the ‘Cats.

“Interest level is high. The coaches caught my eye,” he said. “They are good men and keep me updated on The University of Arizona.”

When it comes to him having a commitment date, McKenzie is still deciding when he will choose his next home, but it appears his recruitment might go the distance.

“I honestly don’t know yet but senior year signing day (NSD’18) for now.”

However, when it comes to choosing his next home he has some qualities that he is looking for.

“Opportunity to start, play football, run track, and a really good business management program.”

McKenzie plays free safety for his high school and is excellent at patrolling the back end of the defense. He has great vision of the field and his ability to read the quarterback’s eyes is very noticeable. One thing that stands out is he is in no way, shape, or form unwilling to come up and stop the run. He is hard-hitting and really lowers the boom on receivers and backs alike.

During his junior year with the Warriors, McKenzie racked up 54 tackles, 0.5 TFL, 2 INT, 2 PBU, and 2 fumble recoveries.

His junior season highlights can be viewed here.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2plGjqz
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home