Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star WR Jaden Mitchell enjoys his unofficial visit to Tucson

Mitchell would like to spend more time in the Old Pueblo

This past weekend was a busy one for the Arizona Wildcats. Over the weekend they hosted a group of players from the Las Vegas, Nevada area. The weekend ended with two new offers and a new defensive lineman.

One of the players on campus was Desert Pines High School standout Jaden Mitchell.

Mitchell was offered by the Wildcats on January 26th, the second one he’s received from an FBS school. His other offer is from Hawaii, but his recruitment could pick up soon.

“I feel like BYU and Miami (FL) are close to offering me,” he stated about additional interest he is receiving.

Schools are recruiting Mitchell as a wide receiver, but the versatile athlete will most likely see another position on the field this upcoming year.

“I’m looking to transition to cornerback this year as well,” he explained. This transition will increase the attention he is receiving and increase his stock as well.

Mitchell has already started taking his unofficial visits and has more planned in the upcoming months.

“I want to visit BYU and I was invited to Boise State’s Junior Day so I’ll most likely be taking a trip up there,” he said. “I also may check out UNLV and Reno (University of Nevada).”

When it comes to Arizona, Mitchell has good communication with the staff.

“I talk to Coach (Rich) Rodriguez. He is the one who offered me,” continued the three-star prospect. “I also talk to Coach (Jahmile) Addae. But I’d say I talk to Coach Rodriguez the most.”

“They like my versatility,” Mitchell added about what the staff likes about him. “I played quarterback a little bit last year. They also like my ability to adapt on the field and my elusiveness. They like that I make opposing players miss when I have the ball in my hands.”

Mitchell is coming off of an unofficial visit to Tucson and had a great experience.

“It went really well,” Mitchell said of his visit. “They have a beautiful campus, beautiful facilities. There are nice people down there and have a good coaching staff.”

He also had the opportunity to talk to one of the new Wildcats that also hails from his new high school of Desert Pines, Tony Fields II.

“Yeah I talked with him,” Mitchell added. “I spent a lot of time with him actually. We talked about the university, practices, and what it is like there.”

The interest that Arizona has in Mitchell is not a one way street, but is reciprocated.

“My interest (in Arizona) is high,” he stated. “They are at the top of my list. They are a good contender for me.”

“The things I’ve heard from other players,” Mitchell continued about what makes him interested in the ‘Cats. “I felt comfortable there. I want to spend more time down there. I want to spend a whole day there to see if it’s the right fit for me.”

Mitchell is an underrated playmaker. He is very decisive in his actions on the field and that is not a bad thing. His elusiveness and speed are definitely attributes to pay attention to. He has good hands and has good concentration to make tough catches. His initial burst of speed is quite violent, but he has a finesse about his game that shouldn’t be overlooked.

Mitchell finished his junior — and final — season at Desert Oasis High School with 18 catches for 264 yards and two touchdowns. At quarterback he totaled 150 passing yards with one touchdown plus 336 rushing yards and two touchdowns.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2mjz6UB
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home