Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Arizona Tuesday Twitterbag: Ranking Pac-12 quarterbacks

Where does Anu Solomon rank among the QBs in his conference?

Just one more Tuesday Twitterbag after this until actual football!

Be sure to follow us on Twitter @azdesertswarm and get your Arizona Wildcats questions in each Monday and Tuesday for our Twitterbag. Feel free to ask us anything, as you’ll see below.

To help with this, I went to Athlon’s rankings, which has Anu Solomon 5th in the conference. I would actually drop Jake Browning below Solomon, so I guess I have Arizona’s quarterback 4th behind Josh Rosen, Luke Falk and Davis Webb. I am very curious to see what Dakota Prukop can do at Oregon after having more time to learn the offense than Vernon Adams did. I basically agree with the rest of Athlon’s rankings though. Shoutout to ASU for being 12th.

I will be shocked if Anu isn’t the starter, but I’ve also sat there and watched him and Brandon Dawkins split first-team reps almost 50/50 all fall. I think Dawkins really benefited from getting a ton of first-team run at the end of spring when Solomon was hurt, but I’m still under the impression Anu will be the starter. I will not be shocked if both play in games, even close games, as Rich Rodriguez looks to kind of shake up the offense if it becomes stagnant.

I will put the over/under at 65. It’ll be interesting to see how Arizona’s defense deals with BYU’s new offense and vice versa. The Wildcats do get a bit of an advantage as the Cougars announced that Taysom Hill will start behind center in Glendale. It’ll still be a high-scoring affair, and 35-30 either way sounds about right to me.

I kind of see Cam Denson taking on Trey Griffey’s role from last year...not enormous numbers, but could come up with a couple of crucial catches here and there. Griffey will obviously have a bigger role this year, and with a guy like Shawn Poindexter possibly playing himself into a decent amount of snaps in his first year out of junior college, Denson will be fighting for that playing time on the outside I believe. I also don’t think that one receiver will put up numbers way bigger than the rest of the group though. They’ll all kind of look the same in the stat book when the season plays out.

All signs point to Josh Pollack doing the field goal kicking and punting, with Edgar Gastelum handling kickoff duties. The coaches aren’t keen on having Pollack do both, but he has been the first to both kick and punt in practices all fall. Here’s an interview I did with Pollack just last week

Dusan Ristic isn’t a bad choice, but I think in four years, we could be looking at Lauri Markkanen leading Finland to an Olympic bid. Ristic has the advantage of Serbia already being an Olympic-caliber team, while Finland has a little work to do. Not sure you see any 2020 Team USA guys on this current roster, though Allonzo Trier and Kobi Simmons could get there eventually.

I haven’t been to Cottonwood in probably ten years at least, so I got some help from our writer group on this one. James Schlittenhart named Hog Wild BBQ and Randall’s. But on the real, if you’re in Cottonwood, you should probably go to Sedona or Prescott for the food and other things.

No. But the timing of this is hilarious.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2bM5ASj
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home